The words Masters” and “style”
were born to live in the same sentence. -Golf Digest
If your sense of style includes ripped tennis shoes and a raggy t-shirt with a funny saying on the front, you can wear them at the Masters Tournament in Augusta. But no one will be laughing, and the scorn that would rain down upon you would make a raging thunderstorm seem gentle.
The Masters has a dress code, and as with the event itself, it is understated:
Appropriate clothing and shoes should be worn at all times.
Golf shoes with metal spikes are not permitted.
An online news venue says, “You will mainly see golf casual on the course. Layered clothing is also recommended since mornings are still a little cool.”
Dress Like a Player
If you’re a golfer, dress like one and use weather-sense. Be prepared for rain and/or extreme heat. Layer clothing. Sturdy walking shoes you’ve “broken-in” would be your most valuable article of clothing.
Golf Digest cites outstanding outfits worn by Masters players, and you can re-create these looks:
- 1960, Arnold Palmer/Ben Hogan – Navy cardigans and black brogues set the stage for an “iconic…signature” look. If your cardigan is custom-fitted, all the better.
- 1984, Gary Player – Gary’s style was “man in black,” but the day he wore white pants, white shoes, and a white-trimmed navy polo shirt, heads turned and fashionistos took note. His cap, belt, and golf glove were bright white. On that day, Gary Player “popped.”
- 2016, Billy Horschel – Not many people can pull off “crazy patterned pants,” but Billy did by pairing them with nothing but solid colors.
There’s Style…And Staying in Style
Another way to “stay in the style” at the Masters is to let us arrange executive housing for your stay in Augusta. Bring the family. Or you and your friends can enjoy a rental home that includes daily maid service and a chef.
For many, the Masters is a once-in-a-lifetime event. And that’s what we do: Help you create once-in-a-lifetime memories. We can customize your Masters experience:
- Access to special events/behind-the-scenes parties
- Event access
- Hosted dinners
- Hotel accommodations/private rental properties
- Premium event hospitality
- Private transportation/logistics
…And more. Call 762.444.6999 or contact Major Sports Augusta. We are YOUR TICKET IN!